Travel Document / Weather information

Travel Documents Required

Note: A Passport is NOT required for U.S. and Canadian citizen children age 19 and under traveling to Canada by bus. (Land Travel Only, NOT Air)

Native-born U.S. and Canadian citizen children age 19 and under should have identification papers in the form of:

  • [1]  both an original birth certificate and government-issued photo identification (Public school ID is OK or DMV ID)


  • [2] a Valid Passport.

For students born in the VA-MD-DC area who need to obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate, please contact the Vital Records department by telephone or through their website.

Click Here To see link for the U.S Customs and Border Patrol information on the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative."U.S. and Canadian citizen children under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious group, or other youth groups) need only present a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship and photo ID. The birth certificate can be original, photocopy, or certified copy." Note: 

(Note: VA Birth Certificates are now available at the DMV)


(202) 442-9009

Naturalized American citizens should carry documents such as a naturalization certificate to prove U.S. citizenship along with the government issued picture identification.  Alien permanent residents of the United States must carry their Alien Registration Card.

All other NON-U.S. Students

If you are unsure of your status or document requirements, please contact the Canadian embassy and the US Department of State for further information.

Weather Conditions

Temperatures in the winter in the Québec City area will be up to 20 degrees colder than in the VA, MD, D.C. area.

Temperature Averages:

  • December range from low 12 degrees to high 26
  • January range from low 2 degrees to high 25 degrees
  • February range from low 6 degrees to high 24
  • Snow conditions are common on our trips. (great for skiing and riding)

For the latest weather for Québec City, Québec, Canada CLICK HERE


Electricity in Canada is the same as in the United States.


Tips are generally not included in restaurants bills. 15% is a normal tip.

Please share